Emma is one of the senior teachers who has accompanied my odyssey since I started Bikram Yoga in 2005. Yesterday I asked her to watch my ‘general mess’, as I’m soo emotional about going to Geneva to celebrate 50 years of Computing @ CERN – where the web was born – my then employer who sent me to Lawrence Radiation Lab. But on the way, the driver, a physicist friend of mine, fell asleep and we fell 24 feet down the motorway…
Taking stock must take place on a number of levels:
The dislocated hip:
- it feels as if the fine re-location keeps going on, and I only noticed that since about a year;
- it was only through Bikram Yoga that I became aware of how my body had accommodated for the dislocation;
- only through Bikram have I experienced the re-alignment that had become necessary and that includes both knees badly!
- a LOT better, but still often enough bad enough, when every step and both hips hurt in bed;
- who would have thought that my right arm and shoulder need to hurt these days – to realign everything else, while relocating my left hip?
- TERRIFIC: instead of ageing, I at least stopped the process, if I haven’t reversed it, counting the number of grey hair.
- those 90 minutes of moving meditation are priceless, in terms of allowing ‘stuff’ to come up and let go.
All in all, I can only count my blessings. But: do I kid myself, maybe? Is there more emotional pain that is waiting to be released? After all, my life has been far from easy with 40 years of chronic pain. But who said it would be a rose garden?
Still. There are soo many people whose lives are soo much harder… I shall keep enjoying mine as much as I possibly can!
- Yoga Junkie? (mbouchon.wordpress.com)
- Hot and humid: Introducing Bikram yoga (independent.co.uk)
- Physical vs Emotional pain (memoirsofabeautifuldreamer.wordpress.com)
- Pain Relief and Hypnosis (leccoworkshop.com)
- Can you heal yourself just by becoming more aware? (steveblankjrcpt.wordpress.com)
- 23 Tips for Supporting a Partner with Chronic Pain. ~ Pete Beisner (elephantjournal.com)
- Write Through Your Pain (stranglingmymuse.wordpress.com)
- Natural Remedies for Joint Health (purevitamins.com.au)
- Bikram Yoga Brevard offers sweat therapy (blueridgenow.com)