In my recent Yoga practice I have had major highs, feeling like a million Bradburys, thinking that only your body can let you feel such pinnacles of pleasure.
However, I have also felt more acute pains during my practice than before.
And when I was moaning, whining and complaining about this to my inner monitor, this lovely trainer Kate Comer seems to have sensed it. For she came during one of the exercises and stretched my back. I sobbed and sobbed and sobbed. Why? Because, it was one of these rare occasions where somebody could relate to my experience and acknowledge it in a soothing way… She also acknowledged this ‘opportunity for letting things come up and go’ when closing the session. It’s ‘nice’ to feel acknowledged, for it’s tough to live with the presence of pain for 40 years, I can assure you.
But when I saw Kate again yesterday, she suggested to call it ‘sensation’ – i.e. take the ‘sting’ out of ‘pain’. She has acquired this experience through Yoga and the birth of her own two babies. Hence she is now passing her knowledge on by teaching classes for Yoga Babies.
I just wish that not only women learned about giving birth with more awareness but also men and women when they make love. Conscious conception is an art never taught in the West. In the East, however, we know of not only the Art of Tantra but also the Tao of Sex!
What is it with this Western male analytical mind that domineered for two millennia? Well, it’s just called evolution of humanity and planet in one universe. Remember: Yoga means unity, unison, oneness…
And in the Western mindset of mathematics I discovered this in terms of time, space and measuring. But that’s going to be another blog post.
- 7 Ways to Have Tantric Experiences (dailycupofyoga.com)
- Pleasure v. Pain: Which Brings More Pleasure? (everyoneneedsanalgonquin.com)
- Pain and Pleasure (nalqaseer.com)
- Pain and Pleasure (angela2bpoetic.wordpress.com)
- Why yoga? (tantrayogachicago.com)
- Why I Traded My Career As a Tantric Sexual Healer for Yoga & Meditation. ~ Maya Yonika (elephantjournal.com)
- No pain, no gain (ochobrazos.com)
- In the beginning ….. (faty0gi.wordpress.com)